Q Center is committed to protecting the environment, and it doesn't stop at mere recycling. From composting organic waste to ensuring that each guest room is energy efficient, sustainability is of the utmost importance. At Q Center we're committed to protecting the environment—from our own 95 acres, to doing our part on a global scale. At your next event, conference, or meeting at Q Center, you can be confident that sustainability is part of our planning process.
Here are just a few of our green meeting initiatives:
- When we can't reuse, we recycle—everything from paper and glass, to printer toner cartridges and carpet squares. An average of 4 tons of cardboard, 2.5 tons of paper, and 50 cubic yards of plastic, glass, and aluminum are recycled each month.
- Paper products are purchased through a mill that procures 100% of their manufacturing electricity from emission-free wind power.
- Twice per week, Q Center employees deliver leftover pans of food to Lazarus House, a community home that supports people in the mid-Kane County area.
- Organic waste from our kitchen is composted and sent to local farmers. We purchase the vegetables they grow and serve them in our dining rooms. We also compost grass clippings and other yard waste and use them to fertilize our grounds.
- The six most frequently used cleaning products for the guest rooms and conference areas are Green Seal certified.