Are you looking for the perfect dessert to make this Valentine’s Day? Something that is simple, pretty, and chocolaty? Look no further! The chefs at Q Center recommend their own Chocolate Cups with Berries and Whipped Cream to anyone in search of something impressive and delectable.
Best part of the recipe: you don’t have to be an expert to make it. Just follow the steps listed below and you will have an elegant and tasty treat to share with your friends and family. Better yet, click here and watch our pastry chef, Barbara, as she shows you exactly how to assemble this dessert!
¼ Cup Whipping Cream
2 tsp.Powdered Sugar
½ tsp.Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Fresh Berries
Sauce for Garnishing the Plate (homemade or store bought)
4 Muffins Liners
- Place an empty bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes. (This bowl will be used for the whipping cream mixture later on in the recipe.)
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate, and if necessary, repeat this step again. The chocolate is ready when it has a sheen and is uniformly melted.
- With a pastry brush, brush the insides of the muffin liners, coating thoroughly. Freeze the chocolate-coated muffin tin for 30 minutes.
- Take the muffin tin out of the freezer, and use the remaining chocolate to coat the muffin liners for a second time. Return the tin to the freezer for 2 hours.
- Take the bowl from the freezer and add the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Whip the ingredients together until firm peaks form. Refrigerate the mixture.
- When ready to serve, remove the chocolate cups from the freezer and let them sit for 5 minute (this makes it easier to remove the liner). Remove the liner and place a small amount of whipped cream in the bottom of the chocolate cups. Add berries and finish with a swirl of the whipped cream mixture. If desired, garnish with shaved chocolate or mint leaves.
Enjoy these divine little treats!